Karn Aanug
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Karn Aanug

Farmers begone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» App, Chingching
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm by kamajatsu

» To Apply to Karn Aanug
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 pm by Niriuf

» Application - Aksjel
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:21 am by kamajatsu

» www.karn-aanug.com Curently Down
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 am by MechWarrior

» Allods Online
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm by Gerbil

» Application to join - Rank 5 WL
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm by Saturnine

» New Website/forum
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:41 am by mortnakh

» Application - Hulren
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am by Hulren

» im back (GomLee)
Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am by lugdeath

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Warhammer - What is your first impression?

Go down 
+4
Hal
Varick
Kragg
Nandi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nandi

Nandi

Warhammer - What is your first impression? Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi guys,

after the epic fail Age of Conan was, I decided not to try anything until Darkfall will come up (yes, I am prepared to lay dormant somewhere for a few millenias), however I am curious how Warhammer really looks, how is the gameplay, the PvP etc.

Could someone briefly introduce the game (I am lazy to read official web/forum crap).

Thanks

Ghazbur
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Well my story started like this:

I was happily playing AoC ( i still have a sub) and i hear Ymgarl is gonna play WAR and my house mate (Fealix) kept nagging me about getting WAR (As we were both old skool warhammer roleplayers/tableplayers) but i was like "nah, to kiddified", "to much like woW" etc etc..

anyway after the pvp patch came out in AoC and i was.. lets just say dissappointed, i went out on the friday and got 2 copies (1 for fealix) and installed.

After the initial teething problems that was launch day (took me 5 hours to get ingame) I have nothing but FUN.

Basicly:
WAR = Lotro monster play on Crack! With a slice of Battlefield '42 thrown in. (open-pvp server)

its not sandbox by a long shot, but the world pvp "feels" very sandboxy.

Public quests: Confusing at 1st and sometimes annoying but overall a FANTASTIC idea.

There is still alot of stuff that needs to be added and fixed, and its no way RP friendly as lotro, but that can be fixed.

graphics: 5/10
sound: 7/10
interface: 6/10
combat: 7/10
pvp: 9/10
pve: 8/10
rp: 5/10
fun: 9/10

overall: 8/10
Back to top Go down
Varick

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Well to come with a much simpler Reply.

The game is fun. Even though Graphics could be tweaked a bit. Hoping they will

I had untill recently played WoW... AND NO I'm not comparing it to that.

I'd rather compare it to Dark age of camelot

Why you ask?

I get alot of The same feel as I did when I played that game

First time I lay my eyes ion the char's I was reminded. moving around. Fighting. It's all in all brilliantly made in my opinion

Somethings could be upgraded a bit. But It's not a MUST HAVE FIXED NOW ELSE QUIT. Importent thing.

The world pvp. Oh my god. so much fun. The Public quests are an awesom thing. Really great thought out.
Back to top Go down
Hal

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 am

I really enjoy the Open RvR. Best described as FFA RvR? The scenarios (instanced 12v12 (I think)) are so-so. But that's only my personal preference.

Otherwise I agree with the other two posters. It's a fun game!
Back to top Go down
Comojo

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:55 am

Well short and sweet, been playing the game for what 5 days now. Been taking it in my stride seeing what can do and what cant.

I have done some basic battlegrounds and they are fun. I did some even at lvl 1, it ups your lvl (stat wise) to make it more compettivie.

Ok you dont get the skills a lvl 8 would but still was able to play some to pass the time, even if had a few quick mins. So far they see pretty basic capture and hold 3 flags (only done the 1st one so dont know if others get more complex) then you have to gain 500 points to win. Basic game seems pretty good fun so far in that respect. I played wow but I never did the bgs because i just never had fun in them. But so far this one seems pretty good.

I have done some world pvp as well, nothing major just yet but have taken on my fair share of scum, running riot attacking the towns etc.

I must say im pretty impressed so far, as for where the game will go im not sure yet. Im just concentrating on lvling having fun having pvp fun where i can and exploring the game.

The public quests as mentioned is a good way of gain rep. You can join the public quests at any time, you dont need a group for the 1st stage (which seems basic mobs) the other stages get harder so a group is prefered. Normally there are people there which makes it easier to get.

Quests wise pretty basic but then what do you expect in any game run here pick up that or kill that come back hand in quest get new one rinse and repeat.

One think i do like about the game is the lore. When you kill something or get killed or pick up something int he world you get some histroy about it etc. Wehn you talk to people you get some history about them as well (if they important).

Basically so far after just a few days play i can say i have been having fun.

Like most played most mmos out there did play aoc until lvl 65 the pvp patch just killed it for me, that and to buggy way to many disconects and memory leaks and seriously bad quests that seem to be permantly broken. This game so far i havent seen many bugs.

Have been pleased with game so far from launch up to now. We will see how it goes over time. I just hope they dont open up lots more servers to spread people out and then you end up with 1/4 full servers, thats what aoc did and you end up playing on a server with not many people not fun.

My score out of 10 so far would be 8. Could do with a bit of tweaking but nothing to bad.

p.s this is my first post, i only joined a few hours ago and just registered. So hi everyone
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 am

I'd give it, 9/10 simply because the PvP is so fun and competetive, it's not as simple as pushing the buttons over and over, I mean, I managed to gain a 50% boost to my dps simply by moving a few of my buttons about. You have to know what to do in what situation etc. Other than that, the guild is shaping up great, loads of friendly and loyal members. The future looks good
Back to top Go down
https://karn.darkbb.com
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Thx alot everyone for your time and replies cheers

I see you are very excited by the game and I must say I am getting interested in WHO a bit... However I have doubts - AoC looked great at the beginning and promised a lot, sadly none of the promises were fulfilled, some even crushed by incompetent developers/GMs. Do you guys think that WHO will do better?

And another question (I will bother ya no more, promise Very Happy )

I was wondering about an endgame content - the biggest problem of online games is imo that after half a year or so, you have nothing to achieve, get bored and quit... Has Warhammer something that is worth of coming back even after you are uber Twisted Evil ?

Thanks for all replies...
Back to top Go down
Gerruk

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I don't htink anyone has got that Uber yet to find out. Remember the game has only been out for just under a week. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Varick

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:56 pm

As stated we Don't that yet

ANd hopefully with how things are GOA. As is the ones that control the euyropean servers at the very least what I know. Hopefully gotten The old gm's from DAoC with to War online
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Endgame is going to be all about PvP, similar to the ettenmoors style, but over massive areas, It would be one hell of a day to take the entire place. After that all hell breaks loose as the city is stormed and the king attacked. But as said, none of us have experienced this yet - but it looks pretty nice. There is one zone that is almost entirely an urban combat RvR zone - it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://karn.darkbb.com
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Nandi there is already way more end-game content in WAR then there is currently in AoC

weather it's broken or not i don't know haha, but there seems to be stuff there already and waiting to be used.
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:06 am

It's me again Rolling Eyes

I'm starting to think that I should give WHO a chance (despite it is ugly as hell), so I would like to ask on which server you guys playing...

Btw is it true that the Destruction has upper hand in numbers, so there is not much pvp apart from being ganked by the horde of Orks and most of the Order players keep levelling via scenarios not via PvP?
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:14 pm

pt, Scenarios is PvP its like "battlegrounds" in WoW. just more fun. and Destruction is apparently outmanning us on all servers im told, but ingame I dont really feel that effect apart from missing Order people rather than being ganked 24 / 7 thats actually rare, and usually im the one hitting first rather than fleeing dispite i know I will get killed Razz

we are stationed on Alarielle PvP/RP server if you wanna find us.

and the game is not really that ugly as you state. character polygens are way over done compared to WoW. much better looking, only thing I find dissapointing is the mounts mostly and that you cant Walk.. im a RP'er after all, does look rather dumb a couple of heavy armed and armored guys come storming into the Inn just to have a chat..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer - What is your first impression?   Warhammer - What is your first impression? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer - What is your first impression?
Page 1 of 1