Karn Aanug
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Karn Aanug

Farmers begone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» App, Chingching
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm by kamajatsu

» To Apply to Karn Aanug
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 pm by Niriuf

» Application - Aksjel
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:21 am by kamajatsu

» www.karn-aanug.com Curently Down
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 am by MechWarrior

» Allods Online
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm by Gerbil

» Application to join - Rank 5 WL
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm by Saturnine

» New Website/forum
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:41 am by mortnakh

» Application - Hulren
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am by Hulren

» im back (GomLee)
Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am by lugdeath

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Black Orc Down Proposition...

Go down 
+4
Grisilda
Talanir
Leichen
Admin (Ymg)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

Black Orc Down Proposition... Empty
PostSubject: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Black orc down has invited us to merge with them, our officers would retain officer priveliges and members would be members again. What do you think of this?
Back to top Go down
https://karn.darkbb.com
Leichen

Leichen

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:22 pm

Hmm, there are some pros and cons of merging. I'll wrte them down.

Advantages:
+having a bigger group of people for raids, events etc
+they are already able to take keeps
+Ymgar would not have to worry about guild management, only about raids
+If we don't like the BOD, we can reestablish Karn Aanug

Disadvantages
-I do like Karn Aanug tag - and I was very happy to regain it on Eltharion server
-yesterday keep taking was a bit zergish - too many players for T2 - no fun of it.
-in 2 weeks we got lvl 8th, and 80 members. They got 340memebers and rank 17 - since the September. We can manage more in much shorter time, I think.
-We can retain our positions, and try to bring more discipline. But neverhtheless I think we would loose some independence.
-I like my standard a lot :D

More pros and cons will be listed here.

But, when the majority decided we merge, I would go with you. Guild is mostly people, so we move together.
Back to top Go down
Talanir

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:24 pm

After considering it for a while, i vote yay on this: We can get rid of the members that are generally bad news in their guild, and form a gigantic guild in the process, we'll be helping them and ourselves, not to mention the fact that they want to bring our methods and discipline to their guild, i think we could shape it up if we show them we mean to have fun in an organised manner. Let's hope they see the fun in trouncing the enemy with solid tactics.
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:30 pm

I think a lists of conditions for the merge would be a good idea. Seems like they lack discipline, but the event yesterday by them was an attempt to improve it. I will be setting up an alliance immediately, if we decide against it, I guess we could just remain as we are.

A good point is that we can't really mess up, if we merge, and decide we're not keen on it, we can just back out with nothing lost.
Back to top Go down
Leichen

Leichen

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:50 pm

one important observation on the guild leveling. Visit the link: http://wardb.com/search.aspx?browse=10&filters=1003=65#guilds:0-6+1

Among the top 50 guild on our server there is only one with more than 200 members. Quantity is not the most important factor in leveling.Probably the amount of guild renown needed for ranks is interconnected with the number of members. I.E. the top guild rank 40 has 23,315,888 renown, whereas second top guild, rank 26, has almost twice the number of renown - 43,869,992

So we shouldn't count on fast guild leveling i BOD.

No, I have to say it in different way - If we were allowed to completely free management of BOD guild ranks - in order to bring more discipline, then the guild would become more and more powerful.

Talking about conditions, the first one is that we should be allowed to manage their ranks. If there is a member, who lacks discipline, is openly rebelious, or a complete jerk, kicking him should be allowed, no matter how many brothers/sisters/friends/lovers he or she gt in the guild.

Secondly, they should make Ym some kind of vice leader, not one of the rally masters

Thirdly, money for keeping a keep - no matter how much it takes from guild vault.

next, KA members, officers should not be downgraded or be a second category - they need our strategy, tactic and Ym's leadership

next, a free hat for all KA members Very Happy - why not ;p

another, no more recruitment "come as you are". The recruitent shoudl have anti-jerk, anti-lazybut filter - so KA recruitment policy and questions

next, maybe standard bearer title, or other similar Very Happy:D

last but not least, people in BOD shoudl accept that merging may mean revolution, not just evolution. I wouldn't like to hear why the leaders merged the guilds, now BOD, with all that discipline, keeps etc, really sucks of course we should be able to kick those who says that Very Happy - a joke, no offence meant

Will surely think of more conditions Very Happy All those (maybe except the one about standard, and one about hats, are quite important)
Back to top Go down
Grisilda

Grisilda

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, I'm still thinking about the proposition and still cannot say definetely yes or no. I see pros and cons of two situations. I would wait and see what their replay to our demands is Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:07 pm

Renown is unrelated to guild level.

I believe the guild level formula is somewhere laong the lines of

Total contribution of characters each day/number of people who contributed each day*0.75

I beleive that a larger number of equally good players boosts the guild faster, but if one guild has all goodp layers and another has the same number of good players, and some more lazy players, the result would be slower leveling.
Back to top Go down
Kazador

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:09 pm

well I just got here so ill stay neutral
Back to top Go down
Kazador

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:30 pm

One question, If we are seriously considering joining up with another guild should we not turn the guild tax off for the time being?
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:50 pm

A tax at 5% barely matters anyway, we'll take it with us when/if we transfer to their guild, and bank it there instead.
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes, the guild renown does not affect the guild rank, however is a good indicator of the guild activity/effectiveness.

Currently I am undertaking a very intense communication with Mythic regarding transfer of my character (and some other friends' chars too) from Karak Azgal (dying server now) to Eltharion. We are currently 40, 36, 35 and 34 ranks and if the transfer succeeds, we would be happy to join your ranks. If not... well, we will probably play for Destro on Eltharion and would be happy to grind you to dust Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Maybe just roll order instead? Razz
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:52 pm

That thought occured to me, but I want to try something new, if I will be forced to begin anew Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:56 pm

I had to start over, and I went order again, there's just no challenge in the destro zerging
Back to top Go down
Grisilda

Grisilda

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:19 am

Nandi can you tell how do you negotiate with Mythic the transfer of char?

The same as Ymg had to start again on Eltharion but again order. And smashing destro is a hell fun Twisted Evil Twisted Evil You could join us with that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:17 pm

I wrote a letter right to Mythic, whinning about how their "Free Transfers" suck, Karak Azgal suck and GOA sucks too Smile

And smashin' order with my green smasha is fun too Wink... Me do it orky! Me hit stuff 'ard! Twisted Evil
Ym is a noob, has no life and therefore plenty of time to start over again lol!
Back to top Go down
Grisilda

Grisilda

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 pm

lol!

Nandi and have you received any replies so far?
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Not yet What a Face , however I sent the mail on Wednesday and I assume Mythic receives alot of whines, complains and hatemail, so it will take some time I guess.
Back to top Go down
Gerbil

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:44 am

Just my 2 cents BOD ia a zerg guild they spam recruitment in newb zone non stop and they accept anyone and everyone . Not like the KA i remember. I been on Eltharion 3 months noe so i should know . Good luck btw
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:02 am

in WAR (My Humble opinion) its better to be in a zerg guild than a dead 5 man guild due to the way the game is made and that is zerg pvp.
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:05 am

To be honest, I do not like much the T4 RvR - it should be a peak of achievement in this game, but somehow... it is a lot of action on Karak Azgal, where I am still playing, but no tactics, no point, just zerg. I play as an Ironbreaker, have full Sentinel armor set, but my existence in pvp still counts in seconds only... it is like DISARMED - DISABLED - ROOTED - DISABLED - DEAD, not to mention the lag or server crashes during fortress sieges. I have been in about 6 fortress fights and the defenders always won (does not matter if them or us) by a simple, yet effective tactic - get as many people as possible to the fortress zone and spam as much graphic effect and other shit as possible, the zone will eventually break. As you may know, there is a one hour limit to conquer the fortress and if you are not successful, the WHOLE Tier will reset. Usually after three fast zone crashdowns two thirds of attackers log off/go somewhere else.

As Karak Azgal was made a transfer destination server, there is definitely more people in each Tier (a lot of guys from Poland and Sweden), so I play my alts as it brings more fun atm - usually one warband on both sides, the fights are dynamic and balanced plus you don't spend most of the time stunned/silenced/rooted/disabled.

Update on transfer request to Eltharion - Mythic wrote me to contact GOA and GOA told me to watch the news - I hate them idiots Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Orc Down Proposition...   Black Orc Down Proposition... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Orc Down Proposition...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Karn Aanug :: Warhammer online: Karn Aanug :: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Discussion-
Jump to: