Karn Aanug
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Karn Aanug

Farmers begone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» App, Chingching
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm by kamajatsu

» To Apply to Karn Aanug
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 pm by Niriuf

» Application - Aksjel
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:21 am by kamajatsu

» www.karn-aanug.com Curently Down
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 am by MechWarrior

» Allods Online
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm by Gerbil

» Application to join - Rank 5 WL
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm by Saturnine

» New Website/forum
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:41 am by mortnakh

» Application - Hulren
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am by Hulren

» im back (GomLee)
Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am by lugdeath

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Will book 14 be any good?

Go down 
+2
Capkatt
Grugnug
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grugnug

Will book 14 be any good? Empty
PostSubject: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Do you think book 14 will be any good ?
/discuss
Back to top Go down
Capkatt

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 pm

I presume you mean the creep changes? Smile (I'm probably looking forward to the new PvE instances more)

Here's the link of Frelorn's announcement of the new changes.

Here're the video links of the new creep dances.

And there's been loads of discussion on the creep changes, probably best to reread the last 6 pages'links on Book 14 from the Dev Tracker.

It's nice to see weaver improvements.. (you think Song will show his face again? Very Happy) and nice to see weaver raids appearing in the 'moors the past few days.. they're very impressive looking! I think the freeps are a bit creeped out, if you'll forgive the pun. There have been some nice tactics suggested for using the Lie In Wait roots, that will be interesting.

I agree with Harm that the dances are a bit silly, but emotes will be nice to have.

Diminishing Returns is the big one... it might need tweaking to balance it.. and there's a lot of complaining from freeps (I suspect the freeps that have never played a creep before). It's perfect that the DR will only be PvP, not PvE, and it could make a substantial difference. Not so much to the zergs, because dps is the main factor there.. but in small encounters and spars it might help.

And there's been mention of BIG changes coming to things with the MoM expansion... which my guess is, might be to bring the full range of resistances to creeps, and make their stats and builds equivalent to Freeps'. Meaning we get Might, Vitality, Will, etc... Probably our trait system will be revamped. But that's a different book Smile
Back to top Go down
MechWarrior

MechWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:37 am

Take the changes with a grain of salt. It is nerfing creep CC as well and POSSIBLY our hinder shot in this book, will be changed in a later book if not.

Spiders will get 30 second root ofc, but it is diminished to 15 seconds immediately first time it is applied on a freep. And that is with trait. Not to mention it will still break within 1-3 seconds.

The lie in wait root. If you havent read up on it. Emits an Aura around the area of the waiting spider. EVERY 5 seconds it will emit a root. So a person can run in real fast... to trigger. Then the entire raid can run passed while its on CD... assuming they are coordinated enough Rolling Eyes . If we can get 3 spiders at least to LIW under the reavers during the reaver wall.. It would literally mean hell for freeps. As if it wasnt hell already Twisted Evil . Btw the root is diminished every time it gets applied... so if person is still rooted and gets rooted after 5 seconds by aura... the time will be reduced. MIN amount duration will be 1 second for ALL cc.

Overall, spiders own, glad they got updated. Spider tar lasts longer? and it will snare them after like intended. We will finally get stacking debuffs from spiders. 45 sec +30 atk duration (traited?) and that other one... what was it? minus parry and evade?

Book 14 is going to be... different....
Back to top Go down
Admin (Ymg)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:52 am

I don't care about any of these changes except...

Dances!! bounce afro
Back to top Go down
https://karn.darkbb.com
MechWarrior

MechWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:21 am

Soo because of the dances. Does this mean that Ymgarl is coming back to LOTRO? Everyone knows AoC sucks.. we forgive you for leaving Wink .
Back to top Go down
Nandi

Nandi

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:05 pm

No point in coming back to Lotro before the datadisc release; hell even after the release, there is really no point coming back I think Twisted Evil

Yeah, AoC still sux, but I hope this will change... However, as a natural born pessimist, I doubt it Wink
Back to top Go down
Rograt

Rograt

PostSubject: B14   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Here is the link with more info:
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Book_14_Official

watch it maggots..

Orcs no longer speak when using maps. oh :-( ..ghâsh!
The Orc racial skill “Blood of Fire” will now do more damage to attackers when this skill is active. Smile "búbhosh" !
Back to top Go down
Capkatt

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:26 am

I think the Warleader rez extending to out-of-group, the Spider buffs, DR, etc will make creeps fairly happy for a good long while. Unless of course all the freeps leave, or start creeping. Frankly the map is mostly red most of the time as things stand, so I'm beginning to wonder how balancing this book will really be (for Laurelin anyway).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will book 14 be any good?   Will book 14 be any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will book 14 be any good?
Page 1 of 1