Karn Aanug
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Karn Aanug

Farmers begone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» App, Chingching
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm by kamajatsu

» To Apply to Karn Aanug
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 pm by Niriuf

» Application - Aksjel
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:21 am by kamajatsu

» www.karn-aanug.com Curently Down
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 am by MechWarrior

» Allods Online
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm by Gerbil

» Application to join - Rank 5 WL
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm by Saturnine

» New Website/forum
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:41 am by mortnakh

» Application - Hulren
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am by Hulren

» im back (GomLee)
BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am by lugdeath

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

BOOK 14 opinions

Go down 
+4
MechWarrior
Capkatt
Kragg
Rograt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rograt

Rograt

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:41 pm

I think the b14 ís very very shoddy. Sorry, but i dont see anything, what can impress me, nothing new to do on the creep side. (Only emotes-ok, but it is a very little detail, 2 new potions also.) Maybe spiders have some upgrades, and its all. Freep side: uselessly talk about this, almost nothing new. When i log my hunter, i looked on map: no new areas, skills,traits: nothing new, no new items, same stats of my equipment, everything same. I went to rivendel and there i see next book epic quests. But still boring as before- i wanna move near to the adventures of the ring, not about this nameless heroes, which gives same and same quests. By the way- The Forochel area is the worst idea what can be. Why? i am not interested about area, which nobody knows, i havent heard never before about this area. I wanna move near to moria-lorien-rohan-gondor-mordor,...etc.. I guess you also. So this way it will take ages and ages when the they will open this areas, but i am not sure if ever. Back to the b14: So, the new b14 quest can take me few hours to do, i will take rewards (trash, i had many times better) and it is all of this update for me. Aye you can answer, there are some more things to do, but max. for few days. (very little crafting upgrade, horse-racing festival-fun for few minutes, etc....). The new thing what made me ,,rofl'' was the epic set barter in rivendel. You have to repeat few instances book quests (almost all for full party) and from each quest you got one token. When you have 30 of this tokens you can barter one part epic set (trash also). And every part have 1 month colddown= ROFL. Very very annoying to get 180 TIMES FULL PARTY AND WAIT 6 MONTHS FOR EPIC SET (trash as i say). HAhahahaha...As i say there are some mini new upgrades, and its all of this big update. And now wait a quarter of year for new part of this dustiness. This way i havent reason to play more and more...i am not Mornaro-i am not playing as this maniac without life. He see only one little roundlet called rank and he think its his life=psycho ..i am playing for fun and delight .Poor, poor and one more poor. I AM DISGUSTED.
This is only my opinion, your opinion here is welcome. ! No No No Sad pale scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and lol! codemasters
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I were gonna post a thread saying about how good book 14 is, i guess it's already done? anyone else have opinions?

i was thinking of subing for a month to see book 14, but perhaps not.
Back to top Go down
Capkatt

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:05 am

I'm not sure why deciding to quest solidly for 6 months for a crappy armour set is a good thing. I'm not sure you would actually need to, but deciding to do that is always optional.

I've had great fun rerunning part of CD for the deeds, but not tried the Epic quest yet apart from chapter 1 which was ok. The Prologue for Volume II was great, very moving. I suppose that I'm not in it for the lewt or gear, and more for the story - which would explain why my hunter is still wearing a helm that he got before level 50 Very Happy. Now with the Angmar armour set I can just tag along the usual weekly kin Helchgam run and get a nice new helm comparable to the Hele one.

My only previous online game were MUDs in the early 90s, and SWG. So I'm pretty happy with the content additions so far... a big one every 3 months is pretty cool. And if this one was a little weak, well.. Book 15 plus the expansion promise a lot, so I'll forgive.
Back to top Go down
MechWarrior

MechWarrior

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:22 am

Book 14 was never ment to be a massive addition. Just a small intro into the new expansion. I didnt know there was going to be a book 15? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Gashnakhrat

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:05 am

Updates come every three months so there won't be a book 15. The expansion will be next in line, October time.
Book 14 was mearly meant to fill the gap between the stuff we had and the expansion coming out, not a full blown addition to the game.
14 Books and an Expansion within just over a year (yes .. i know you get book when you get the game)... you really can't mock Codemasters for their effort in keeping the game flowing. Think of how long WoW has been going for and how many updates / expansions they have released. Turbine has a better turn over.

Also remember that Codemasters and Turbine have renewed the rights license for LOTR until 2012 ... so we ain't going anywhere near Mordor for ages yet. Plus the fact that Middle Earth is a HUGE world. Why the rush? This game is not for the MMO fan as such (well it is to a degree) but more for the Middle Earth fans, like myself. I've played a few MMO's but it was purely my love for Tolkkien's work that made me buy the game so i'd rather they took their time and really showed all of middle earth.

Just my Opinion
Back to top Go down
Arunahg

Arunahg

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:26 am

So far since bk 13 came live with the Forochel update (WORTHLESS I TELL YOU!!!) I haven't been into the new area alot and not into the new book alot, wy, cuz Forochel doesn't care alot to me, wy would I, as an Elf IC, go to the far North into an ICY region I have never heard of to find a dam ring...

Forochel is nice to see, I admit that, but it doesn't holds any connections to the true LoTR lore...atleast...I've never read anything about the icy planes of Forochel...

And bk 14, well, I felt quite annoyed to NOT see the another region added to the game. As the intro at starting the game actually said something like; 'explore around the ancient forges of Eregion'. And then I hear it is an instance...then also people need to get some tokens 5 each with a 6 hour cooldown to get further with the book...They could've made it better but I assume they have to many people on MoM for now.
Back to top Go down
Capkatt

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:35 am

IIRC a Dev post ages ago said that Book 15 would be another free update, released alongside Moria. It would be free, and independent of the expansion. I'm not sure of the content, but I can see that they should update everyone's client for the big new stuff in MoM, whether they buy it or not.
Back to top Go down
Duruk

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:55 pm

to Capkatt

use this map http://www.visionsofthering.com/expac_timeline.shtml
Back to top Go down
Capkatt

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 pm

Duruk wrote:
to Capkatt

use this map http://www.visionsofthering.com/expac_timeline.shtml

Aye, I've following that map since Book 9. I like the way that he updates it *after* each book as been released to stay accurate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Famous

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 am

In a sense I'm a bit disappointed on how little is done to monster play. Emotes are nice but I could have done without them and it wouldn't bother me that much really. The only real new thing is LiW root and I'm not happy with how it was implemented. Sure it's nice to to play with but it's a very inelegant skill. Diminishing returns seems nice so far but there hasn't been enough action to effectively judge the changes. One thing I do know for sure if that creep cc went from bad to terrible whereas freep cc went from excellent to good. They can still chain cc very effectively and you are dead before immunity really kicks in, but I guess we no longer get rooted/dazed for 30 seconds which is a nice thing.

A bit more detail on creep cc, pinshot really needs to be reworked, the effect of DR on pinshot is like what happened to the spider web. However pinshot was never as strong as the unbreakable web yet this udate makes it fall even lower that the web nerf. Warg stuns are still good but restunning isn't as effective anymore and this was a very effective method to killing burglars.
Back to top Go down
Arunahg

Arunahg

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:12 am

What about the pounce from stealth - Tendon Shred way? is the second stun (the Tendon Shred one) lower then 5 seconds or not, if it is, then it is lowering the time for a conjuction really bad. Haven't tested this out yet due to low freep numbers and windows crashes but something definatly worthy to test out.

Also has someone tested if the immunity builds up aswell if your using a brand to gain 15 sec of immunity and when freep CC kicks in does that counts as the DR aswell??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BOOK 14 opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOOK 14 opinions   BOOK 14 opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOOK 14 opinions
Page 1 of 1